When do I need a Grading/ESC Permit?

Grading / ESC Permits are required for projects disturbing 5,000 square feet or more and for all new single family residential construction. Prior to beginning any of these activities, residents should contact the Stormwater Division at 507-774-7300 or 507-444-4350. For more information visit the construction stormwater page.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a Grading/ESC Permit?
2. How do I report pollution, illicit discharge, or illegal dumping?
3. How do I report an obstruction or issue with a stormwater treatment practice (pond, basin, rain garden, etc.), stormwater drain or catch basin, or ditch?
4. Why is the sanitary and storm sewer utility fee necessary?