Sewer Call Policy
When a plumbing firm receives a sewer problem call, the plumbing firm will respond in the following manner:
1. The plumbing firm will dispatch personnel to the call.
2. The plumbing firm will check the two street manholes on each side of the address.
3. If both manholes reveal flow through the main, the plumber can start work on the lateral line. If one or both of the manholes reveal no flow or highly restricted flow, the plumber will call the city, and city personnel will respond.
4. When the plumbing firm identifies flow restriction in the main, the city will pay the firm for the service call only (no additional labor hours) according to the following schedule:
|Day of the Week||City Payment Amount|
|Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.||$100.00|
|Monday through Thursday evenings 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m.||$160.00|
|Friday 5:00 p.m. to Monday 8:00 a.m. and Holidays||$178.00|
5. The city will provide each plumbing firm with a map identifying manhole locations.
6. If the plumbing firm can't locate the manhole location, the city will respond immediately, upon request.
7. The plumbing firm will call the city and report the address of the location at which the cleaning took place within 24 hours of servicing a lateral line to the main. This will permit the city to jet the main within the next few days.
8. For assistance from the city, call the following number during the hours shown:
|Hours||Number to Call|
|7:00 am to 3:00 pm||444-2452|
|3:00 pm to 7:00 am||456-3071 (On call operator cell phone)|
A PDF of the policy can be found here: Owatonna Sewer Call Policy